Saturday 29 November 2014

Fishing tomorrow!

Yes, at last I have managed to find some time to do some actual fishing. Alas, I will be going on my own as I still can't get to find a time that works for both me and Tim. He's gone off to Manchester this weekend with his other half to visit friends. I did think about suggesting  that he let her go on her own but I don't think he would be allowed to even hint at that without ruining the next couple of Christmases... So much for finding something we could do together - See my original post HERE.

Tomorrow I am off to visit Beaver Fishery for the first time. The venue was initially recommended to me by a fellow fishing forum member who lives local to me. As the reviews, I could find on the internet, all seemed favourable I decided to give it a go. I don't often think of going off in that direction, normally heading east into Kent. On investigation it is only 45 minutes from here. If I leave here at 8:00am I will still be there before 9:00am... I intend to try and get there earlier than that tomorrow so I can have a look around before I start fishing.

My first experimental groundbait mix, gravy browning and salt... Yum!
This will be my chance to experiment with my home made (sweet) groundbait base mix. Nothing fancy, this lot is my starting point. I have no idea if it will work but I have to start somewhere. The base mix is made up from 500g of dried and processed bread, 250g of processed ginger nuts and 250g of processed custard creams. To this I will add sweetcorn water from a 285g tin, about half the of the corn. I will also add a teaspoon or two of gravy browning to darken the mix and see how it goes...

...If all else fails there is always the on-site shop!

I will let you know how I get on tomorrow!  

Ralph.